There are some amazing resources out there for people looking to create, whether you’re looking for advice/guidelines on how to plan and run a project, tools for implementing a crazy idea, or inspiration to help you with your next big idea. Here are some favorites…
Resources: Running a Project
- Project Management Institute is the brains behind the PMBOK (Project Management Body of Knowledge) and numerous certifications for project management. While their content might feel a bit overkill for small projects, many projects fail just because the questions they bring up aren’t answered.
These blogs and books are great starters to help you envision your idea and give you a little kick to get it going
- Holiday Matinee Their motto is â€œLove your work. Work your love.â€, and it’s easy to tell their writers live by it. They provide a daily dose of creative inspiration, and are also authors of…
- I Swear to Good You’re God at This a book from Holiday Matinee, full of small businesses and art initiatives. Learn about magazines made of shirts, TheHive, and more.
- Hack A Day While at times highly technical, Hack A Day focuses on people taking electronics and doing (odd/amazing/bizarre) things with them. Learn about industrial robots that write tweets on whiteboards, people who build their own lasers, and more.
Resources: Sharing Your Content
- Creative Commons Easily license your creations. Do you want derivatives? Can it be commercialized? Learn about licensing and what your rights are
Got your own resources? List them below!